TRUST & SECURITY FAQs
Are all RightsTrade’s members industry professionals?
Where are my video files hosted?
How secure is the screening room?
Every RightsTrade screener is also secured by the following mechanisms:
- A screener requires an AUTHORIZATION be granted to the viewing user by any SELLER/ADMIN at the rights-holding company.
- The AUTHORIZATION is tied to the viewer’s account credentials (username/password)
- The AUTHORIZATION is time-limited to a specified date-range and access can be limited down to the minute
- The AUTHORIZATION can optionally be limited to a certain number of views
- The AUTHORIZATION can be optionally limited to a certain number of “devices” (browser/computer combination). So for example, you can limit the authorization to only three devices (eg: Work computer, home computer, and iPad). If the user tries to view on a fourth device, they will be unable.
Who can access availability information?
When it comes to availability information, only vetted buyers can see a title's availability and only for the region(s) for which they license content.
Looking for something? Search by keywords here
Security and Technology Partners
We are proud to work with industry leading solutions to ensure the highest quality experience for our community of vetted industry professionals.
For over two decades, FilmTrack has been recognized as the leading rights management solution for the media and entertainment industry. RightsTrade has integrated with FilmTrack’s cloud-based platform, allowing their clients to automatically migrate and sync all of their metadata and rights availabilities to the RightsTrade marketplace.
Amazon S3s Reduced Redundancy Storage (RRS) feature provides us with the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of websites, as well as media companies such as Netflix. Amazon S3 is compliant with the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) best practices for securely storing, processing, and delivering protected media and content.
RightsTrade is an official Industry Partner of EIDR, an association to provide universal identifiers for film and television assets across the entertainment supply chain. With membership from major studios, distribution service providers, digital and physical distributors and retailers including NBCUniversal, Time Warner, Disney, Sony, Paramount, Google, Microsoft, Netflix, Rovi, Comcast, Verizon, Technicolor, Deluxe, RightsTrade has integrated EIDR into its marketplace platform, and fully supports the establishment of this universal industry standard for title management and rights licensing.